About the Site
I love it all. Math, science, english, social studies, music, p.e, art, etc. What I love the most, though, is all the awesome ways that technology is making learning fun. Not fun as in Granny letting you lick the wooden spoon covered in low fat icing after Mr. Snookims the cat got first dibs. We’re talking about software and tech that promotes learning in new and interesting ways while being inherently rewarding for students…because let’s face it, if it isn’t fun, what’s the point? Wait, you’re really asking what the point is? Well, here’s a list…people love lists…
- Keep it simple – Unlike some education sites I’ll try my best to not preach or bog things down with edu or geek jargon. You’re good at what you do and know if something works for you or not. I’ll also try my best to explain the tech and how to use it. If I don’t make sense, let me know and I’ll make sure it gets fixed.
- Keep it clean – Fret not, I have a mother, and unfortunately she knows this site exists (HI MOM!). I like to ‘make the mad lolz’ as the kids say, but will keep it to a dull roar.
- Keep in contact – When I’m not out saving the world I’m sitting in front of my screen laboring over the red-hot stove that is the internet. Please let me know if there is something you’d like me to feature or if I just plain ol’ screwed up.
- Keep it coming – If there is something awesome out there I’ll make all due haste to bottle it, distill the awesome, and bring it to your screen.
- Keep it fun – It seems that we as educators have fallen prey to the assumption that since kids are forced to go to school we don’t have to be entertaining and engaging. In a world full of companies that are paid millions upon millions of dollars to engage kids and get their attention, our old tactics fall short. If the technology isn’t worth our time then it certainly isn’t worth our students’ time either. Luckily, you’ve found Applesforgeeks – a site for the best technology out there paired with people who love teaching.
So why are you still reading all this? Let’s get learning…